Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Night Mews-ings...

Photobucket
~
Tallulah has become fascinated with the cursor on my computer screen in the past couple of days...
She's good, though, she touches the screen very carefully with her claws retracted (thank goodness!)...

I wonder if she recognizes Leo on the screen...
~
When one of my "Angel Kitties" (if you don't know about them, look back at my post from March 23rd...), Muppet, first came to us (she was dumped downtown behind my husband's shop...) and we were at our first vet visit to make sure we weren't dealing with FIV or anything before bringing her home, there was a poster with a cat face in the examining room...Muppet was really staring at it, and our vet said, "Look at that...she recognizes that as another cat!" ~
So, I think they pay attention, even if the image isn't moving.
Mine certainly watch television, and "Video Catnip"....whoa! They love it!
~
Photobucket
~
Photobucket
~
Oh, let me play with your camera strap, too, Mom!
~
Photobucket
~
Here's my sweet Angel-Muppet...♥
~
Photobucket
~
Leo got a bath last night...look how fluffy he is! Persians can be kind of "oily", so besides regular pet shampoo he gets one lathering with Dawn, like they use on the poor little marine animals that get oil on them from spills...
If you look at Tallulah's fur in the photos above, you can see it looks kind of "clumpy", even with grooming...she's next for a bath!
~
Photobucket
~
What?? Another bath? ~ NO!
It's okay, Leo...you're de-greased for a while!
~
Photobucket

~
One more thing...
Look at this scary reflection!
Don't worry, he's dead...(a natural death, I am assuming)...
Jonathan found him, and was going to try and freak me out by putting him on my keyboard...
His dad, knowing how afraid I am of spiders, tipped me off.
Lucky for my child!
~
I still screamed and carried on a little for Jonathan's benefit, however, which he took boyish delight in...:).
~
You can't tell, but this thing's probably  2 1/2" long, at least ~ and that's with the legs slightly bent.
For some reason, when it died it didn't curl up like they usually do...
It's just kind of...pliable...
So, after the hysterics were over, Jonathan made it do a little soft-shoe on my mouse-pad, while he sang "Hello, My Baby" in a perfect Michigan J. Frog impersonation...
Wish I had it recorded!
So...it's on my buffet...drying, I guess. For now.
LOL...rarely a dull moment...
Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Anne
 ~
 
Photobucket

33 comments:

  1. Those are really beautiful cats! The spider - not so much. My youngest cat chases the curser around the screen, too. ~ Maureen

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable photos . . . Adorable cats. . . . One a kitten it looks like . . . and the other . . . I will not speak!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I showed my persains I learned about using Dawn and have always used it ever since. I also used Goop mechanics soap when doing a show bath. The funny things we do to make them gorgeous!

    My kittens totally love watching TV and the computer. So funny. Cute post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your kitties are so sweet and must be very calm and laid back. Jingles would never let us give her a bath. Yikes! That spider does look big. My 13 year old hates any kinda bug so he would definitely give Jonathan a good show if he tried to startle him with anything like that. :) Happy day to you. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  5. what beautiful cats you have.. they are so precious. my Eliza Dolittle has been gone now for 7 years and she is still missed. One day I may be able to get another.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HI Anne! Oh, the kitties are in their usual beautiful form, aren't they?
    I didn't know you had to give Persians baths. Yikes!
    You've reminded me that I must vacuum the basement so there won't be any surprising Wolf spiders. Creepy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've captured some lovely shots of your cats...the spider made me jump though! My Mum is terrified of spiders and as kids we used to place plastic ones all over the place (even above her bed on the wall and in her bed) to scare her. My poor Mum ...how she must have suffered! I just blame my brother.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful photos of your cats. My cat Milhaus is here with me now with his head on the keypad which is making typing this rather difficult!
    June

    ReplyDelete
  9. You really do have gorgeous cats! That spider made me feel sick haha!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm smiling over your cats, the spider, and one of your commentor's cat's name-Milhaus-that's so cute!!
    The spider is drying...hmmmm, now that will give me a lot to think about today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your kitties are gorgeous! That spider on the other hand... Not so gorgeous! Good he was dead.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I loved seeing pics of the fur babies!!!

    Happy Saturday!

    LuLu~*xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute kitties. I tried to give our kitty a bath a few times....she was NOT happy.
    That spider picture is pretty cool.

    ReplyDelete
  14. WOW, your brave to give a cat a bath!!
    The spider is huge. Better at your house then mine;), although they don't bother me. Snakes, now that is different...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your cats as always are so lovely, and so photogenic! My cat has never noticed anything on the computer, but my brother's on the other hand, I think secretly surfs the internet, because he can't seem to stay off or away from it!

    Your son, has found my favorite kind of spider--A dead one! :-)!!!

    Enjoy your weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Anne,
    the photos made me laughing loudly. Leo's face after you mentioned the bath! Yea, thats exactly what he thought, I can see it in his eyes. So very cute. And they recognizes a lot. Wiski hear cats meowing, dog barking and birds twittering on the TV and reacts immediately. But he was never intested on the computer, Thank God.
    Have a great weekend (and wait with the bath for Leo!)
    Best greetings,
    Johanna

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your cats are almost as pretty as mine LOL...just kidding Your cats are beautiful!!! I have not shown mine the computer...I just got the kids and grands to leave it alone.:)I think animals are smarter then we think they are.

    ReplyDelete
  18. You sure have some real beautiful cats. They seem so happy in your home :)
    Blessings,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your cats are adorable. I especially like Tallulah!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cats! The photo of the one watching the puter screen is a hoot. Cats are so smart aren't they?!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Lovely cats and such a horrid spider! Have a very happy weekend . Jane xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your kitties. They are so much company, aren't they? Typical boy with the spider.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What sweet and beautiful babies you have! Oh, man, we call those Wolf spiders, but I don't know if that is their real name. They are scary. Most spiders don't bother me much, but those do.

    Glad you survived the prank okay!

    Kathy M.

    ReplyDelete
  24. What fabulous kitties, so beautiful. Not so keen on the spider, they are scary :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. What lovely cats, very elegant. And the spider is a good touch!
    best, nadia

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Anne!
    You certainly have some beautiful fluffy friends :)
    Such expressive eyes!

    Guess what?
    I received my seeds from you !!
    Happy and over the moon!
    I'm starting the seeds today.
    Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!!

    Hope this is a great week for you!

    {{hugs}}
    Kerin

    ReplyDelete
  27. The cats are so cute! Unfortunately we can't have a cat in our house ;(, husbands allergies plus we have a bird. That wouldn't work so well either!

    ReplyDelete
  28. What delightful kitties you have and that Leo just melts my heart. I am "without cat" at the moment and have just not been able to risk my heart again (just yet).

    Spiders are just one micro-notch above snakes in my book. You are very brave.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete
  29. Anne - your pics are wonderful - they make me smile (well the kitty ones) not too fond of spiders either. Sounds like your son might be a bit ornery or at least likes to torture his mother. (LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hi Anne, what beautiful cats you have. Our cats (we have 12) don't pay any attention to my computer normally, but one day I was listening to bird sounds on WhatBird? and they were absolutely fascinated. I had a row of them around me and behind the computer, wondering where the birds were! By the way, I got the Cypress Vine seeds yesterday. Thank you so much for sending them!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ah - another cat lover!! We have to stick together you know. You have some beautiful kiddos there!

    Jaye @ Just Tryin' to Make Cents of it All.

    http://justtryintomakecentsofitall.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh I'm so glad I stopped by so I could have a little furry respite before I sign off for the night!

    Your puddy cats are sooo beautiful! I just want to give them purry hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  33. The most beautiful cats in the whole world.

    ReplyDelete

I love your thoughts and comments, and I read each and every one! Sometimes life gets in the way, though, and it takes me a while to respond...Thank you for understanding! ♥...Time is precious, and the time you have taken here is truly appreciated!